Wednesday, October 24, 2012

..the hurricane scare...


Since living in a hurricane zone for four years, I will never look at them the same. We weathered Hurricane Gustav, Tropical Storm Nicole, and many scares of hurricanes that changed course and didn't hurt Jamaica.

Today Hurricane Sandy came to Jamaica. I have to say, I would rather be there in the thick of it, knowing what was going on, then sitting in my warm house on this side of the ocean, worrying about our college students, their families and the many churches that we love.

I finally heard from two of our students tonight. They said all is well at the college in spite of lots of wind and rain.

City of Refuge suffered damage high in the Blue Mountains. We need to pray that all will be well there when everything is assessed in the light of day.

Storms come and storms go. In any kind of storm there is destruction left behind. I think of the storms we have weathered in our lives, fear and scars can remain and take precedence in my mind if I let them. The thought occurred to me today while praying for the island, "it won't rain always, the sun will shine again," and this thought is true in the "non-weather" storms we go through as well. It won't rain always.



No comments:

Post a Comment