Sunday, October 14, 2012

...Grace...

I have come to the conclusion that I really love the name Grace. It encapsulates all kinds of meaning, emotion, deep gratitude and love to the one who extends the grace. It also makes me real mindful of giving grace to those around me. It causes me to be humble. It also causes me to be sensitive. There are people all around me that desperately need a measure of grace, so many times I stand in the need of grace and want that same kind of sensitivity extended to me.

We spent nearly the entire day in Grace. Grace Assembly that is! I work at Grace Daycare, but today Denny was the guest missionary for the faith promise giving services, so I spent my Sunday at Grace too!

Pastor Jack Mason and Nina have pastored the church for 46 years. He testified today to the fact that not one year of those 46 have missionaries ever been neglected in the churches monthly giving. That is an incredible statement. We rejoiced with the church on a personal basis as we have been one of their missionaries for years. We have been partners with Grace for a very long time. We are grateful.



This evening was the International Banquet and the focus was all about missions. It was fantastic. Great food, Great word from a Wycliffe Translator, and great testimonies. It has been a power packed day.

 
The story of missions never grows old. The Gospel will always penetrate the unrepentant heart in whatever land it is preached. I am so grateful for the partnership all of us missionaries have with the local church. Without it, our calling is useless. Without that partnership a missionary would not be able to even consider fulfilling that call. As Denny says, "a faith promise isn't about the money, it is about listening to the voice of the Spirit and watching what He will do to send the money through your hands and you being faithful and obedient to the cause of the Kingdom."  Grace. It's all about His grace.
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment