Friday, October 5, 2012

...conserve....you may not have it tomorrow...


The sweetest thing happened this week. It made me chuckle. Renee literally "grew up" in Jamaica. She experienced many growth spurts there and looking back we see how so many of her critical developmental steps took place there in another country.

As a matter of fact, she has been experiencing some speed bumps in the classroom. Some of the concepts that the professors refer to (because it is the normal reference  for an American student) Renee is missing. She is really working hard to connect in some areas that are foreign to her. Thank God, daddy is there to guide her through those steps.

Anyway back to what made me chuckle. I took her to her dance class last night and she said to me after the class, "Oh mom I feel so bad. I forgot I would have dance tonight and I took a shower this morning. I can't take two showers today, but I have to, I am so sweaty."

See, in Jamaica we had to conserve water especially in those times when we didn't have any to begin with. We learned to conserve in alot of areas because of economics but this water thing brought a smile to my face.

My little girl will be a different American because of what she experienced in Jamaica and I am so very grateful. She is JaMerican!

No comments:

Post a Comment