Thursday, March 7, 2013

..my heart is blessed....I love the people God has brought our way!

Tonight was spectacular. Not because of anything but because of God's finest creation...people.
Since we have been at VFCC I prepare a meal for the students that remain at the college during breaks. They are missionary kids, kids that don't have family or funds to get home, kids that stay to really hammer out some class work that they are behind in. They are hungry! There were 23 eager to eat tonight.

I call it the "ryan dinner" because I wish someone had done a meal for my boy when we were in Jamaica for 4 yers and he was stuck on campus during many school breaks. It is my way of giving back in just a small way. The students can't say thank you enough. I asked them what they have been eating and they say Ramen noodles! Now that is not sufficient!

Tonight was taco night. They ate every last drop! Tacos, Chips and Salsa and brownies, lots of brownies and Easter candy kisses.

We received an extra blessing when Patrick Collins facebooked a message saying he was in Philadelphia! Patrick is from Haiti and came to Jamaica for his Bible College training. When the earthquake hit his country his mother and little brother was killed. We ran to the college to sit by his side and weep. We went daily during that holiday break when he was all alone at the college suffering in silence. He was not able to get home to Haiti for almost 2 years after that. He is a pastor today in Haiti and an anointed man of God.

So tonight was extra special to have him at the meal too! He had never had a taco. This was his first!

His eyes were wide when John, the security officer and Denny took him on a tour of the college. He kept repeating, "this is so big"! Compared to our Jamaican Bible College it is enormous!





















As I lay my head on my pillow tonight I hope I can sleep. My heart is so full. God is so very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment