Monday, March 18, 2013

a handy prayer tool

One of the reasons A/G missionaries itinerate, travel from church to church, is not only to raise their approved budget but also to raise their prayer support. Without money we cannot go, without prayer we might as well not go.

So at each service the missionary passes out their prayer cards and it is a quick handy tool to bring the missionaries face and family before the people who will pray. Recently when visiting a church a lady pulled out our very first prayer card from her Bible. I was stunned to see that she still had it. She said I still pray for you. Now that's what it's all about!

We finally received our new prayer cards today. They have been in process for weeks. This particular card was a hard one for me to make, the kids aren't on this one. That was hard for me. Ryan and Renee said, Mom they are going to be circulating for the next four years, we are not going with you to Costa Rica, so don't let it make you feel bad! You and Dad will look great! OK I guess they do look OK like the first one we made, long before we had our treasures...Ryan and Renee.

The first one in 1985.



The second one in 2001 or thereabouts!



The third one in 2004 or thereabouts!



The fourth one in 2008.



2013



1 comment:

  1. After reading this post, I went through a file folder containing missionary prayer cards I've gotten over the years. I found one of your old ones in it. May the Lord bless you and Denny as you move on to Costa Rica. Surely God will supply all your needs!

    ReplyDelete