Sunday, September 16, 2012

...the daycare life....

Funny.....my mom worked for a state daycare for many many years. I have to admit, I never thought about falling into those daycare shoes! It is really is quite surprising. When I talked to her about it the other day, she said, "I could have never done it at your age!!"  thanks MOM!

I have always preached the verse, "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it, with all your might." I guess every preacher has to eat their words. During our term in Jamaica our work budget was hit hard due to the economic situation for people everywhere, which meant churches were hit too. Our salary comes from that budget, so when the set budget doesn't come in, the paycheck doesn't either. I have no choice but to work while we are stateside.  I applied to a dozen places and the only callbacks I got were from daycares. Different for me, I am used to an office setting. Not to be! Daycare is the life for me.....well I hope not for life!

I work in a place without computers, no phones ringing,  no printers printing, instead babies crying, toys buzzing, wipes wiping, and co workers loving little ones, big ones...all the way to kindergarten.
I am a floater, so that means I can be anywhere there is a vacancy or more kids than the teacher and assistant can manage easily.  I was hired for the infants so I am always there in the afternoon, but in the mornings I have been with the young toddlers, the older toddlers, and the kindergartners. The only class I haven't assisted are the two preK classes. I must admit I really enjoy the kindergarten class. That age is a trip!

I am really grateful for employment. I was starting to worry a little bit especially when hearing the nightly news, but God is faithful and helped me find Grace DayCare. I have gone back to the basics....Brown Bear Brown Bear What do you see!! Ring around the Rosie....man I didn't know kids still did that! You never know what kind of situation you may find yourself in, but for sure I am learning to be grateful and enjoying the moments of lifting, lugging and loving on kids.






No comments:

Post a Comment