Sunday, June 30, 2013

Renee ~our dancer!

I am not sure how many dance recitals I have been to in my life as Renee's mom, all I know is there have been many and I have loved every one! I love the music, the dances and the costumes! Renee started ballet, tap, and jazz when she was a tyke! Denn was pastor of Calvary Assembly in Irwin, PA when we found our first teacher and dance studio. She was hooked!

When she was 4 we moved to Springfield, Missouri and found a new school with many teachers, Sunshine Dance. She danced ballet, tap, and jazz there for 8 years. Then in Jamaica, those 3 distinctives were shelved and she danced Jamaican! That was a whole new style she had never seen before. She learned it well.

Since we have been in the states a year, she has completed a year of getting back into ballet and actually re-learning and pulling her classes from her childhood back into focus! It has been fun. I am so proud of her.

The Kimberton Dance Academy is a brand new school with a beautiful founder and teaching staff. The year end recital was spectacular to say the least. I enjoyed the preparation, the shows, and the excitement!

Renee loves to dance. I have always told her that I wish I had had the opportunity when I was a little girl to learn poise and confidence through dance. I am reminded of the scripture in Zephaniah that God dances over us with singing. I won't be dancing on a stage, but I will continue to dance in my spirit when I think about how much God has done for me and how He loves me so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment