Thursday, August 30, 2012

Adjustments, Adjustments!

When missionaries are on loan to a college, it is the husband that has the teaching position and serving in that capacity, so I needed to find where I fit and what I should do in this new community. Since our assignment in Phoenixville is temporary, I needed to find a place that doesn't require a long term commitment or deep roots.

I prayed hard, filled out tons of applications, pondered what I should do with my time. My dream would have been to find an assistant pastoral position somewhere, but since we visit churches on the East Coast nearly every Sunday, no pastor would hire me!  Grace Assembly has a daycare so just flippantly I asked the church secretary if they were hiring, unfortunately they weren't. However what a difference a week makes!

A couple of weeks ago the daycare director called and offered me 12 hours a week in the infant room. I jumped at the chance while entertaining other opportunities and interviews. I have worked in the infant room four days and today the director asked me if I would work fulltime. I am thrilled.

I love the church. I love working in the church so this is a perfect fit for me for now at least. All I can say is if I stay flexible I won't break! I need to be like a rubberband and do whatever God gives me at the time! He is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment